Last Updated on December 9, 2022 by Madiha Saghir
What is campfire?
A campfire is a permanent light source in Minecraft. It can be used to cook food and some items, slow the spread of fire, make torches burn out faster, and some other uses. You can either make one or buy it from a villager for 5 to 7 emeralds depending on the trader’s profession (1-3 emeralds).
How to build a campfire in minecraft?
To build a campfire from scratch, you will need sticks and wood planks placed in multiples of three on the crafting table. If you want to create a campfire opposite your bed while sleeping, you’ll need more materials: For bone mealable blocks such as saplings or nether warts: place 8 planks vertically and 4 horizontally with one stick in the middle on your crafting table to make a campfire.
Campfire under water
To build a campfire under water, you must first craft sticks with 2 wooden planks. Then place 9 of those horizontally and 1 vertically to get a campfire under water.
Important Note: it will not be visible unless you are holding flint and steel or fire charge.
To light up a campfire, right click one without flint and steel, torches, or fire charges in your hand to light it up. You can also use flint and steel or fire charges to set them on fire quickly. The color tone of the fire depends on what type of wood was used. If you want to cook food faster than normal, hold cooked meat/fish or raw meat/fish on the fire.
How to cook a food on campfire?
If you want to cook a whole group of food at once, build a grill beside your campfire or place four cobblestone blocks in a square pattern with one block missing and place a furnace inside. Then put a chest on top of it and put all your food inside then right click fuel from any source into the furnace and wait for it to cook everything inside the chest without having to find the needed amount of sticks every time you want some cooked meat/fish. To make torches burn out faster, hold them over a campfire, don’t let go until it starts smoking, otherwise they won’t burn out fast enough.
You must also have flint and steal in your hand to light a torch. To cook food on the fire, hold cooked meat/fish or raw meat/fish over it using an empty hand. Alternatively, if you are looking for faster cooking speeds for large amounts of food at once, build a grill beside the Camp Fire or use four Cobblestone Slabs to form a square with one block missing then place a furnace inside this “grill”. Then place a chest inside the furnace and right click fuel such as Coal or Charcoal to cook all of your food in one go. This will be done without the need for you to find sticks every time you want some cooked meat/fish.
Campfire in dark
The campfire may be difficult to use when you are in a dark cave since it will prevent mobs from spawning around you. In order for them to spawn, you must have at least 10 blocks between yourself and the nearest wall of the surrounding area.
If anything explodes nearby, such as a creeper or TNT, the fire on top of the campfire will extinguish, which can put out any other fires on top of it if there is another block adjacent (connected). A new update has added an Alarm Clock which lets you place down clocks that turn into alarms which help with this problem.
Making of campfire
The campfire is a Furniture item that you can place down or hook onto existing blocks in your minecraft world. You can light the campfire by right clicking it without Flint and Steel, Torch, Fire Charge, etc. This will start the fire burning. The making of camp fire in mine craft is as given below.
1. Gather 3 wooden planks and 12 sticks.
2. Place them in multiples of three on your crafting table to make the Camp Fire. If placing it opposite your bed, use more materials: 8 planks vertically and 4 horizontally with 1 stick in between for bone mealable blocks such as saplings or nether warts. For convenience, place them above or beside your bed before going to sleep.
3. Click Camp Fire in your inventory and place it down by left-clicking on a block or using a mine cart, boat, etc. If you want to hook the campfire onto an existing block, right click on it while holding a stick in hand before placing down the Camp Fire.
4. To light it up, hold flint and steel (or fire charges) in hand and right-click on top of the campfire without any other items in your hands. Once lit, there is no risk of burning out like torches or needing fuel. Note that once the fire goes out, so will any other fires above it. This may cause you to lose your food if you are doing some sort of cooking which requires an active campfire.
5. Cook meat/fish over the campfire using an empty hand for faster cooking speeds for large amounts of food at once (one-click cook). Build a Grill beside the Camp Fire or use four Cobblestone Slabs to form a square with one block missing then place a furnace inside this “grill”. Then place a chest inside the furnace and right click fuel such as Coal or Charcoal to cook all of your food in one go.
6. To turn off the fire, right-click on top of it with an empty hand or use a stick (right click without any items in your hands).
It is easy to create a campfire which will act like a permanent fire block that you can cook over, but won’t burn out after some time. It also has the benefit of preventing mobs from spawning nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can we burn fire in mine craft only once?
No, the ingredients are renewable. And use can use it again after one attempt.
- Is the fire dangerous and can harm?
No, it is not. But if there is something near like TNT, fuel, coal or charcoal then it can harm and dangerous.